How To Avoid Wrinkles When Packing Your Dress Shirts
For men who travel a lot, the bane of their seemingly well-dressed existence is surely wrinkly dress shirts. Don’t you agree with us? Dress shirts are meant to be formal and elegant, and sometimes even a tiny little crease in the neck can completely ruin an otherwise perfect outfit. So, if you want to avoid looking like a peevish schoolboy on your business trip or a destination wedding, you must learn how to pack a dress shirt without turning it into a wrinkled mess.
Can you completely avoid wrinkles?
Well, no. There is no foolproof way to avoid wrinkles unless you carry shirts that are made from innovative fabrics that do not require ironing. But if you want to take your favorite cotton patterned dress shirt, you must arm yourself with the right packing knowledge.
How to keep wrinkling to a minimum when packing dress shirts
The first rule – nay, the only rule – to packing dress shirts is to fold them the right way. You must always fold them on a flat surface, like a table, as it is convenient and more time-efficient. Here’s what you need to do:
- Button the shirt all the way up to the top, and then lay it flat, face down, with the sleeves extended on either side
- Fold the right sleeve and right side of the shirt inwards, and then fold the sleeve at a diagonal angle so that the cuff grazes the bottom edge of the shirt. Repeat the process for the other side and other sleeves
- Make sure that both sides are even
- Next, fold the shirt in half from the bottom, and then fold is again in the middle for a more compact fold. This will not only prevent the shirt from unraveling inside your suitcase but also ensure that it does not take up a lot of space
- Now, sit back and enjoy a glass of wine (or coffee, your call) as you are done with the hard part
To totally decimate the risk of wrinkling, always place your folded dress shirts on top of all your other clothes. Trust us, this will save you a lot of headaches later on.
Now that you know how to fold and pack a dress shirt properly, how about you upgrade your summer wardrobe with a few pieces from our collections? Explore our selection of patterned dress shirts to find an array of shirts in beautiful colors and styles.